Classes held at Cragun’s Legacy Courses:
Summer Junior Golf Development
The USA Junior National Training program is the nations first long term player developmentprogram. The program contains five teams or “levels”: Developmental I & Devlopmental II.
This high performance coaching program now is available in five regions across the USA. The mission of this program is:
• To mentor, guide and encourage our athletes and to make a difference in their lives.
• To provide young people with a world class coaching environment in a positive and inspirational manner.
• To develop our athletes into nationally and internationally ranked junior golfers.
• To provide our athletes with some of the best coaching and training facilities in the nation.
In addition to many areas of coaching, athletes will also compete in several matches throughout the year, with other US Regions. Also, for those athletes who qualify, Team USA will travel to matches against other International Junior Golf teams.
S.N.A.G – Starting New At Golf
FUNdamentals (S.N.A.G. Golf-Starting New at Golf) Introduces the concepts of the grip, stance, balance and the swing in a very age appropriate fashion. The program focuses on basic sports skills such as running, jumping and throwing. Juniors experience success because of the equipment is developmentally appropriate and easy to use. The program will introduce the etiquette and safety issues involved with the game. Series are single events and participants may not need to attend any prior series to attend. SNAG Golf equipment will be provided.
Session 1 June 6-9 9:00-10:00 am REGISTER
Session 2 June 20-23 5:00-6:00 pm REGISTER
Session 3 July 11-14 9:00-10:00 am REGISTER
Session 4 July 25-28 5:00-6:00 pm REGISTER
Developmental 1 – ages 6-10
Introduces playing the game and key golf fundamentals. Development of fundamental athletic movement skills, golf fundamental movement skills, and teach general overall sports skills. Open to boys and girls.
• Grip – effective and functioning grip
• Stance – routine or procedure for each shot
• Alignment – aiming the clubface and aligning the body
• Scoring – how to keep each other’s score
• Etiquette – where to stand, quite, bunkers, pitch marks
• Chipping/Pitching/Putting – angle of club at impact, loft, roll vs. carry
Wednesdays, June 8, 15, 22, 29, July 6, 13, 20, & 27 8:30-10:30 am REGISTER
Wednesdays, June 8, 15, 22, 29, July 6, 13, 20, & 27 (GIRLS ONLY) 10:00 am-noon REGISTER
Wednesdays, June 8, 15, 22, 29, July 6, 13, 20, & 27 11:30 am-1:30 pm REGISTER
Wednesdays, June 8, 15, 22, 29, July 6, 13, 20, & 27 5:00-7:00 pm REGISTER
Development 2 – Ages 10-14
One hour of instruction followed by an hour and a half of supervised play.
Focus on play and enhancing scoring skills. Build on competitive golf experiences.
- Putting – distance control, green reading, ball position and aim
- Optimizing driving for distance and direction
- Swing plane
- General physical condition and health – balance, flexibility, posture, core strength, stability, and cardiovascular endurance
- Understanding the Rules of Golf and exceptional etiquette.
- Knowledge of how far participants generally hit all clubs in their golf bag.
Thursdays, June 9, 16, 23, 30, July 7, 14, 21, 28, August 4, 11, 18, & 25 8:30-11:00 am REGISTER
Thursdays, June 9, 16, 23, 30, July 7, 14, 21, 28, August 4, 11, 18, & 25 (GIRLS ONLY) 10:00 am-12:30 pm REGISTER
Thursdays, June 9, 16, 23, 30, July 7, 14, 21, 28, August 4, 11, 18, & 25 11:30 am-2:00 pm REGISTER
Girls Golf Excellence
Program is for girls only. It is designed for girls who play High School and Middle School golf. Girls can participate in this program only or combined with our Future Stars/Pre Elite program. It will be performance based coaching with a weekly clinic and two weekly playing opportunities. The program includes on course coaching, tournament preparation, short game and full swing instruction.
8:00-900 AM Instruction / 9:00 AM Play
2 playing opportunities per week – Tuesday’s and Friday’s starting June 7
Organized play each session on Par 3 course and Legacy Championship Courses
1 hour of instruction before play on Tuesdays. Instruction will be based on performance and scoring.
22 hours instruction
22 playing opportunities
Program includes membership for Legacy Par 3/Driving range. Unlimited golf and driving range privileges entire golf season. Can be upgraded to full membership to include Legacy Championship courses.
Two Months REGISTER
Three Months REGISTER
High Performance Summer Program
Our High Performance Summer Program is designed for the current or future high school golfer. High Performance focus will be on the full swing with individual lessons and scoring skills and game management with the supervised practice sessions. Program includes 8 individual one on one lessons and 12 performance based group sessions.
Tuesdays, June 7, 14, 21, 28, July 5, 12, 19, 26, August 2, 9, 16, & 23 4:00-5:00 pm REGISTER