Classes held at Cragun’s Legacy Courses:
Summer Junior Golf Development
The USA Junior National Training program is the nations first long term player developmentprogram. The program contains five teams or “levels”: Developmental I & Devlopmental II.
This high performance coaching program now is available in five regions across the USA. The mission of this program is:
• To mentor, guide and encourage our athletes and to make a difference in their lives.
• To provide young people with a world class coaching environment in a positive and inspirational manner.
• To develop our athletes into nationally and internationally ranked junior golfers.
• To provide our athletes with some of the best coaching and training facilities in the nation.
In addition to many areas of coaching, athletes will also compete in several matches throughout the year, with other US Regions. Also, for those athletes who qualify, Team USA will travel to matches against other International Junior Golf teams.
FUNdamentals – ages 4-6
FUNdamentals (S.N.A.G. Golf-Starting New at Golf) Introduces the concepts of the grip, stance, balance and the swing in a very age appropriate fashion. The program focuses on basic sports skills such as running, jumping and throwing. Juniors experience success because of the equipment is developmentally appropriate and easy to use.
The program will introduce the etiquette and safety issues involved with the game.
Series are single events and participants may not need to attend any prior series to attend.
SNAG Golf equipment will be provided.
Series I – June 8-11 9:00-10:00 am REGISTER
Series II – June 22-25 5:00-6:00 pm REGISTER
Series III – July 6-9 9:00-10:00 am REGISTER
Series IV – July 20-23 5:00-6:00 pm REGISTER
Cost: $75.00 per series
Developmental 1 – ages 6-10
Introduces playing the game and key golf fundamentals. Development of fundamental athletic movement skills, golf fundamental movement skills, and teach general overall sports skills. Open to boys and girls.
• Grip – effective and functioning grip
• Stance – routine or procedure for each shot
• Alignment – aiming the clubface and aligning the body
• Scoring – how to keep each other’s score
• Etiquette – where to stand, quite, bunkers, pitch marks
• Chipping/Pitching/Putting – angle of club at impact, loft, roll vs. carry
(8) Sessions – Wednesdays June 10, 17, 24, July 1, 15, 22, 29, and August 5 from 10:00 am-12:00 pm (one hour of instruction followed by one hour on the golf course)
Morning Program: REGISTER
Evening Program same price & dates as above but from 5:00 pm-7:00 pm
Evening Program: REGISTER
Development 2 – Ages 10-14
Focus on play and enhancing scoring skills while building competitive golf experiences.
• Putting – distance control, green reading, ball position and aim
• Optimizing driving for distance and direction
• Swing plane
• General physical condition and health – balance, flexibility, posture, core strength, stability, and cardiovascular endurance
• Understanding the Rules of Golf and exceptional etiquette.
• Knowledge of how far participants generally hit all clubs in their golf bag.
(11) Group Instruction sessions – Wednesdays June 10, 17, 24, July 8, 15, 22, 29, August 5, 12, and 19 8:30-11;00 (one hour of instruction followed by an hour and a half on the golf course)
(10) Supervised Practice sessions – Saturdays June 13, 20, 27, July 11, 18, 25, August 1, 8, 15, and 22 9:00-10:00 (Coaching, exercises, and drills to help players take their game to the course. ) Following Supervised Practice there will be an organized play opportunity.
Evening Program same dates as above but from 5:00 pm-7:30 pm
$600.00 – Wednesday and Saturday REGISTER
$600.00 – Wednesday Evening and Saturday Morning REGISTER
$380.00 – Wednesday Morning only REGISTER
$380.00 – Saturday only REGISTER
$380.00 – Wednesday Evening only REGISTER
Part of our year round junior golf development program. High intensity, individual event and golf specific training. Individual 1 on 1 instruction with organized Supervised Practice Sessions.
Program is designed specifically for juniors seeking a structured golf training environment and is the third and fourth of five levels in the USA Junior National Program. Training is conducted in small groups and individual instruction by Certified USA Junior National Coaches. Future Stars/Pre Elite participate in structured weekly training sessions to fine-tune their technical golf skills, sport performance, and fitness. Participants will also have numerous opportunities to implement their skills durning on-course activities.
- 8 individual lessons
- 22 Supervised Practice Sessions
- Practice notes & plans following each lesson emailed to you and your parents following each lesson
- Full Swing Assessment
- Short Game Assessment
- Putting Assessment
- Club Performance Evaluation
- Mental Game Workshop Profile. This is an outstanding tool that guides you how to prepare, practice, and compete based on your personality style.
- On line access to drills, assessments, videos, and plans to track your progress
- Rule of golf training
- Course management
- Summer tournament planning
- College golf requiting consulting
Monday Supervised Practice Sessions: June 3, 10, 17, 24, July 1, 8, 15, 22, 29, August 5, and 12
Saturday Supervised Practice Sessions: June 8, 15, 22, 29, July 6, 13, 20, 27, August 3, 10, and 17
Girls Golf Excellence
Program is for girls only. It is designed for girls who play High School and Middle School golf. Girls can participate in this program only or combined with our Future Stars/Pre Elite program. It will be performance based coaching with a weekly clinic and two weekly playing opportunities. The program includes on course coaching, tournament preparation, short game and full swing instruction.
8:00-900 AM Instruction / 9:00 AM Play
2 playing opportunities per week – Tuesday’s and Friday’s starting June 6
Organized play each session on Par 3 course and Legacy Championship Courses
1 hour of instruction before play on Tuesdays. Instruction will be based on performance and scoring.
21 hours instruction
21 playing opportunities
Program includes membership for Legacy Par 3/Driving range. Unlimited golf and driving range privileges entire golf season. Can be upgraded to full membership to include Legacy Championship courses.
All participants will receive a US Junior Golf Team bag, golf balls and hat
Tuesday Supervised Practice Sessions: June 9, 16, 23, 30, July 7, 14, 21, 28, August 4, 11, and 18
Friday Supervised Practice Sessions: June 12, 19, 26, July 3, 10, 17, 24, 31, August 7, 14, and 21
Pricing: girls can participate one, two, or all three months
One month – $299.00 REGISTER
Two months – $450.00 REGISTER
Three months – $600.00 REGISTER
$150.00 if participating future stars/pre elite program REGISTER